Our House

Our House
Before: House. After: Home!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

A few things left to demolish & the rebuilding has officially begun!

The guys were back at demolition again this week!
Where did the ceiling go? Into the dumpster!
Honestly - there are about 5 places in the house that have not been destroyed so far! Who knew how extensive this part of the project would be?? Clearly not me :) Regardless of my surprise, I continue to be happy with the work the guys are doing. 

I have a clear view from the 2nd floor up the rafters in the attic now - which I wasn't expecting! The ceilings have been removed throughout much of the first floor & second floor. Almost all of the walls have been removed to the studs, which was quite the project given the walls were originally plaster.
This is the best view of the attic I've had yet. I have never been up there!

Today when we met with our contractor, the guys had dug holes to get ready to pour the concrete piers that will hold up our new side & back porches.........AHHHHHHHH the work on building the new parts of the house has officially started as of today: November 19! 
Let the work begin! This hole (which will be
filled with concrete) marks the first tiny
little step in making the house new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment