Our House

Our House
Before: House. After: Home!

Monday, March 14, 2016

Marking Our Territory & Basement Progress

When opportunity knocks.......you put your initials in the concrete of your new (old) house!

One of our plumbers, Julio, was working in the basement at the house late in February. I was chatting with him while checking out the freshly poured concrete that filled in the trench that had been there since early in January. I was quite pleased to say goodbye to the trench; it was disgusting & made the house feel like a total mess. 
The trench is now filled in! Yippee!

Julio mentioned that my Dad had asked him if he could write his name in the wet concrete & I laughed and told him my Dad would absolutely do that, but I was pleased Julio put him off. Thanks Dad for inadvertently giving me the idea to put our names in the freshly poured concrete!
This is the wall where the laundry machines will go. Our
laundry sink will be on the far right, standing proudly over
our initials!

I'll write a much longer post about why my Dad was over at the house chatting with the plumber...it involves an old piece of furniture my Dad is making new for our house!

I would love to know if you've ever written your name in concrete! My big brother (& many others) always alleged that I wrote my name in a sidewalk near our childhood home. I didn't, though no one believes me despite the intervening 20+ years & my best protests! I hope someone has a good place they've put their name or initials :)

No comments:

Post a Comment