Our House

Our House
Before: House. After: Home!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Moving day is finally here!

Wednesday May 18, 2016

Hip hip hooray! It is MOVING DAY!! At least for our belongings :)

The movers came to my parents' house for 2 pieces of furniture, then onto our storage unit and then to our forever home.

Thank goodness for the help of my sister, parents and Chris - I threw my back out on Tuesday, so was totally and completely useless Wednesday. My Dad continually reminded me to "just point" or "the only thing you should be working is your finger" to point where boxes should go :) 

Double thankful that my Mom has had issues with her back in the past and had prescription muscle relaxers I could use before bed for a few nights. Not that I'm advocating using someone else's prescription meds, but if it is your moving week & you throw out your back for the first time ever; you may want to consider it.

Here are some of the highlights (and comical low lights) of the day:
There is only 1 mug appropriate for moving day while you
are in quite a bit of physical pain. This is the one.


Just another day at storage.....caution tape & safety cones
are not typically signs that your move is going smoothly.....
Moving is stressful, right? At least it is for me. Things like
this......the driveway just adjacent to our unit being torn up for
new electrical service......do not help my stress levels.

Despite the chaos at storage, the movers (with help from Dad, Marg & a tiny bit from me)
emptied our storage unit in a hurry!


Fast forward - this is  the last layer of boxes
and furniture in our moving truck! Busy busy busy!
Yes, my superhero sister wore my niece on her back while
moving boxes out of the truck. Unreal. 


Now to the mass chaos inside the house!
At least we had Hennie to keep us smiling :)

Lunch break! Note the boxes in the background :/

Hennie had been working hard - she was hungry!

  
Technically the day after moving - but H was very
helpful as we unpacked!! 

Well, we did it. With epic amounts of help from our family and friends! Our stuff made it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment