Our House

Our House
Before: House. After: Home!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Au revoir Arches!

It's hard to believe I hadn't been calling them this all along, but the "golden arches" are FINALLY gone!

It is always the smallest things that bug you the most, isn't it?? Well, Chris & I were in immediate agreement that the 2 arched doorways in the living/dining rooms on the first floor had to go. There was never any question in either of our minds. Considering the scope of the work we're having done inside our house - one might think these 2 small things wouldn't even be on our radar.......but they stayed up through all the demolition until yesterday,
 January 5, 2016 - I am happy to report: those golden arches are gone! Maybe our contractor had listened to me complain about them 1 (or 100) too many times? ;)

Here are the before and afters:
Before:
When we bought the house, the 1st floor
apt was so darn cute; except that darn arch.
It mocked me every time I came in!

Before:
Even after demo was well under way....
the golden arch survived -
continuing to drive us crazy!
It appears as I flipped through my photo archive just now that I didn't take a photo of the golden arch that led from the dining room to the bathroom on the 1st floor. I did take an after though!

After:
It gets dark so early this time of year :(
Even in the dark I love the new opening!

After:
I went back this morning to get a daylight shot!
Standing in the dining room, looking into the living room.
Arch is gone!

After:
With so much of the house demolished, its hard to know that I'm standing in the
dining room looking through the squared off 2nd arch
(& the little alcove area) into the 1st floor hall bathroom.
Chris' man cave is on the left, the kitchen is on the right.
Eventually there will be drywall up that separates all of these spaces a bit more,
for now - its all wide open!



No comments:

Post a Comment