Our House

Our House
Before: House. After: Home!

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Laundry Area Shelf Project

Things are relatively slow on the reno front; HVAC & plumbing are in full swing - but the progress isn't as dramatic as it was during demo & framing :)

So, left to my own devices, I gave an old wall shelf new life today! My parents' have lots of treasures for their children to sift through and adopt, this shelf falls into that category.

Straight from my parents' attic; freshly washed.

I washed it with a drop of dish soap & water and let it air dry for several hours. In those several hours; I went shopping for pretty papers at Paper Source (love that store, love that they have a location a mile & a half from our house!).

Who doesn't love pretty papers?

After measuring each opening, I measured out the shape on the back side of the paper & cut them out. The measuring/cutting by far took longer than any other piece of this puzzle. I didn't want to re-buy the paper; so I followed the rule "measure twice, cut once" and ended up with almost perfect pieces.


All done! Now to see if our contractor will hang it up.....we're not
quite ready yet - but we will be!


Just an idea of what it will look like when in use :)

Ta da! Now we will have a shelf for laundry soap, etc in our (currently horrible) future basement laundry area. I'm hoping the rod on the bottom will be able to accommodate a few hangers to air dry clothes. We'll see how the space shapes up before we know if it will work.


Yeah, so this is what the basement looks like now. The area
on the right with the giant hole is about where the
future laundry area will be. Have I mentioned we're
not quite in need of my project yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment